Jobs & VolunteeringPlease keep visiting this page for details of job and volunteering opportunities at Unity.
Volunteer UshersThere are lots of opportunities to volunteer at unitytheatre. All volunteering is, by nature, unpaid, however we will offer you our skills, help you learn something new and offer references once finished.
You must be over 18 years old
Be a part of the hard-working, dedicated and friendly front-of-house staff on show nights, by ushering at unitytheatre!
- Sell/give out programmes
- Collect tickets
- Inform the audience of show-running times
- Give directions around the building
- Be a friendly-face!
- Dress smartly as you will be given a unitytheatre t-shirt for the evening to identify you as unitytheatre staff.
- On your first time night as an usher you need to, arrive one hour before the performance for training, to familiarise yourself with the building and to give us your contact details.
- Arrive at least thirty minutes before for subsequent shifts in order to be briefed and to sell or give out programmes etc.
- If you sign up for a night then you are expected to do that night. If you change your mind or cannot do the shift, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can get a replacement.
- You should also be prepared to stay until the end if the performance.
- You mustn't put yourself down for the same show more than once to give other volunteers a chance to usher that show, unless you are asked to do so or the show has a very long run.
- Expenses will not be paid but you will get a FREE soft drink and, of course, get to see the show that night for FREE!
- If you do ten or more shifts in one season then you are entitled to ask for 2 free tickets for a unitytheatre promotion! (subject to availability)
Placement & MentoringClick here to visit our Placement and Mentoring pages.
To ensure our continued success, Unity Theatre is seeking to appoint a dynamic GENERAL MANAGER
You will take responsibility for administrative teams, income generation and operations of the theatre. You will be a leader who will continue driving our change process, maximise the benefits from our recent capital programme and ensure the Unity’s ongoing growth.
Applications must be made via Unity’s application form and the deadline for applications is 5pm, Tuesday, 30th January 2018 .
For full details please download the Application Form, Job Description & Person Specification and Personal Details form.
How to Apply
CVs will be considered as additional information - please ensure you complete the Application form in full.
The closing date for applications is Tue 30 Jan at 5pm
Interviews will take place on w/c 5th Feb 2018
Spring 2018 Scratch
Unity Theatre Scratch Night Spring 2018 - call for applications!Scratch Night’s are becoming an increasingly important part of our New and Developing Talent programmes, presenting developing artists with an opportunity to present their work here at the Unity Theatre.
The next scratch night is on Tue 6th March at 8.00pm and applications are now open! If you’d like to apply then simply follow the link and complete the form here* and press submit!
Deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 26th January 2018